2016: 6 month research stagium at the Architecture School of Belleville, IPRAUS Research Institute, Paris.
2011-2017: Postdoctoral Fellow / researcher at Universidade Lusofona, Cicant Institute, Lisbon, Portugal.
2010: PhD. in Interdisciplinary Studies (main focus contemporary art theory) at Freie Universitaet Berlin, Interart Research Institute, with Magna cum Laude
2006-2009: Doctorate (PhD.) at Freie Universitaet Berlin, Interart Research Institute
2002-2004: M.A. (Master) at the National University for Political Sciences – Department of Anthropology, Bucharest, Romania. Final Exam Mark: 9,501
Final Exam with the dissertation: „The Nomad Image: Visual Tourism and Identity Space – Interpretations on Berlin's Club Flyers“ under supervision of Prof. Dr. Vintila Mihailescu (Mark: 10)
2001-2002: M.A. at the Cairo University – Department History of Art, Cairo Egypt.
Final paper "El Tannoura Sufi Group" under Supervision of Dr. Salah Inani. (Mark: 10)
1996-2001: University Studies at the Art Academy Bucharest – Department History of Art und Theory of Art, Bucharest, Romania. Final Exam with mark: 9,50
Final paper: “Medieval Representations on the world of Islam – Interpretation on visual documents“ under supervision of Prof. Dr. Razvan Theodorescu. (mark 10)
1997-1998: 1 year study at the University of Poona – Department of Hindi Language and Literature, Poona, India.
1984 – 1996: School and Highschool at the German Highschool "Johannes Honterus", Brasov, Romania.
Final mark: 9,35 and German Language Diploma (2nd degree)
2011-2017:- researcher at CICANT Institute, Universidade Lusofona, Lisboa, Portugal
2011:- PhD. in Berlin, Freie Universitaet Berlin, Interart Research Institute, with Magna cum Laude.
2010:- member of the Dahlem Research School, Berlin and Scholarship For Excellency at Dahlem Research School.
2009 – 2006: - Doctoral fellow (and scholarship) of the Graduate Program “Interart” at Freie Universität Berlin – scholarship for doctoral studies. Subject: "The Catalytic Space" Doctoral Supervisor: Prof. Dr. Renate Schlesier, Prof. Dr. Christoph Wulf and Prof. Dr. Jose Manuel Gomes Pinto.
2009:- in collaboration with Jose Manuel Gomes Pinto leading and organisation of the „Curating Workshop“ at the Universidade Lusofona, Lisbon.
2008: - Guest researcher at the Universidade Lusofona, Lisboa, Portugal, under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Jose Manuel Gomes Pinto (October 2008 to April 2009)
2004 - 2006: -PhD fellow at the Humboldt Universität Berlin – Department of Ethnology
2003:- Collaborator of the Organization "Arca for Integration Immigrants in Romania".
- Anthropological researcher employed by the University of Sociology Bucharest for the research project: „Dying jobs in Bucharest.
- Anthropological researcher employed by the University of Sociology Bucharest for the fieldwork in the Pomak population from Bulgaria under supervision of Prof. Dr. Vintila Mihailescu
- Anthropological researcher employed by the University of Sociology Bucharest for the fieldwork in the Lipoveni population in the Danube Delta under supervision of Prof. Dr. Vintila Mihailescu
2002: - 1-year research of the „El Tannoura“ Sufi Group, from Cairo, Egypt under supervision of Dr. Salah Inani.
2001: - research in the Muslim Community in Bucharest.
1998: - 3 months anthropological fieldwork in the Warli Tribe (Maharaschtra, India), for the "Anthropology Museum Poona", India.
- Curating of exhibition 'IN ABSENTIA' in Graca Brandao Gallery, Lisbon, opening 13th November with Ian Kiaer, Nuno Sousa Vieira, Paulo Lisboa. http://www.galeriagracabrandao.com/index_en.html
- Curating of 3 exhibitions: DEVOUR! research project. DEVOUR! Social Cannibalism, political redefinition and architecture
DEVOUR PART I: Savvy Contemporary in collaboration with Freies Museum, Berlin (www.savvy-contemporary.com), 21st March – 12th April 2015
DEVOUR PART II : ZKU (Zentrum für Kunst und Urbanismus, Berlin), exhibition & screenings 25th to 27th March. http://www.zku-berlin.org/event/devour-at-zku-social-cannibalism-political-redefinition-and-architecture/
DEVOUR PART IIII: KunstKraftWerk Leipzig (www.kunstkraftwerk-leipzig.com/en/), 30th April – 4th June 2015. http://www.kunstkraftwerk-leipzig.com/archiv/
Artists: Artists: Jordi Colomer, Matias Machado, Pedro Paiva and Joao Maria Gusmao, Edouard Baribeaud, Pedro Valdez Cardoso, AfrikPlayc (Jord den Hollander - Many words for Modern, 2007; Lotte Stoops - Grande Hotel, 2010;Catarina Alves Costa -The Architect and Cidade Velha, 2003; Ingrid Martens - Africa Shafted:Under One Roof, 2011) , e.studio Luanda, Jordi Colomer, Architects duo Muresanu, Vladimir US, Andrej Mircev, Srdjan Jovanovic Weiss + Philip Plowright, Failed Architecture, Mathias Machado, Patrick Jambon, Arno Brandlhuber+ Christopher Roth and Caroline Hobkinson, Vanessa Ramos Velasquez.
2014: - curating of long duration performance night with Matias Machado at Kunstraum Kreuzberg Bethanien, Berlin and book launch “Open Monument”.
2013: - curatorial prize granted by Project Anywhere in a peer-review of curatorial projects „How to Steal a Million“. http://projectanywhere.net/category/project
- group exhibition curating: “Open Monument” in Kunstraum Kreuzberg Bethanien Berlin< Germany with 11 international artists. (4th May ~ 15th July 2013): Carlos Bunga, Matias Machado, Sinta Werner, Cristian Rusu, Hironari Kubota, Luca Pozzi, David Maranha, Nuno Sousa Vieira, Yukihiro Taguchi, Sancho Silva. Sponsored by: Japan Foundation, Bezirksamt Friedrichshain-Kreuzberg, Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation. http://www.kunstraumkreuzberg.de/start.html
2012: - series of 4 exhibitions in a row: 26th Oct to 11 Dec. 2012): <Space Anatomy> in Flausina Gallery, Lisbon and in Galeria Sala do Risco, Lisbon with Matilde Correa Mendes, David Maranha, Rui Martins, Nuno Sousa Vieira. http://www.flausina.com/spaceanatomy.html
Finnisage: experimental music Concert with Pao (Travassos, David Maranha and Pedro Sousa)
- curating of Romanian micro-film festival <In Extremis> in Flausina Gallery, Lisbon.
- curator of solo show of Alexandru Poteca at the Tamiz Shahar International Art Exhibition in Baku, organized by the Arts Council of Azerbaijan.
2011: -curating and production: Subtle Construction exhibitions:
24th November-14th January, Plataforma Revolver Gallery, Lisbon, Portugal, with: Carlos Bunga, Matias Machado, Sinta Werner, Cristian Rusu, Yukihiro Taguchi, Sancho Silva. (http://www.artecapital.net/plataforma.php)
15th November and 19th November, Cntro Cultural de Belem, Lisbon, Portugal, with the support of Berardo Collection, performance and mobile sculpture of Hironari Kubota. (http://lanuitlanuit.blogspot.com/2011/11/hironari-kubota-centro-cultural-de.html)
- participation at a group show (with literary text as sound installation) at Program Gallery, Warsaw http://www.kolektiva.org/archives/68
2010: - Curator residence at the Le Ville Matte artist program in Villasor (Sardinia)
2006: - theoretical contribution at Anca Benera's exhibition at Gallery "ArtPoint", Kulturkontakt, Vienna, Austria.
- curator (with Simona Soare) of the "Fluidic Festival": curator of 7 exhibitions of contemporary artists from Berlin and Bucharest. Project sponsored by Senatsverwaltung fuer Wissenschaft, Forschung und Kultur, Berlin.
in Berlin (exhibitions in: Play Gallery Berlin, NewYorkRioTokyo Berlin, Lichtschliff Berlin) http://www.pushthebuttonplay.com/pushed_rew.html, http://www.nyrt.net/wordpress/?p=131, http://www.lichtschliff.de/LICHTSCHLIFF/FLUIDIC.html)
in Bucharest (group exhibitions) at: Galeria Noua, UnaGaleria, Galeria Carturesti, Galeria NIT).
2005: - Collaboration at the organizing of exhibition at "Center H'Arta" in Timisoara, Romania with a group of Japanese artists from Berlin.
- Gallery assistant at the gallery for contemporary art DNA – Berlin
2004: - Gallery assistant at „PLAY – Gallery for still and motion pictures“ – Berlin.
Intern at the gallery „Chouakri-Brahms-Berlin“
2015: - Marta Jecu, Architecture and the Virtual, Intellect Books, Bristol, UK and University of Chicago Press, Chicago. http://press.uchicago.edu/ucp/books/book/distributed/A/bo18079416.html
2013: - Marta Jecu (Ed.): Open Monument. Research Into Ephemeral, Commemorative Architecture and Modernist Patrimony, Revolver Verlag, Berlin, 2013. http://www.revolver-books.de/w3NoM.php?nodeId=1292
2011: -Editor: Marta Jecu (Ed.): Subtle Construction, Bypass Editions, Malmo, Lisbon, 2011. preview http://issuu.com/bypass/docs/subtleconstruction_issuu
2016: - Rui Martins, Interview, in BerlinArtLInk, October 2014, Berlin (in preparation).
- Bairro das Artes, An Overview of new art spaces in Lisbon, in Inferno Magazine, (in preparation)
- Brancusi, Constantin - entry in Routledge Encyclopedia. Jecu, Marta. (2016) "Brancusi, Constantin" The Routledge Encyclopedia of Modernism. General Editor, Stephen Ross. New York: Routledge. 500 words. Web.
2015: - On not Preserving Memory. Delio Jasse's Architectural Photography in the catalog of the Angolan Pavilion at the 56th Venice Biennial, Ministry of Culture of Angola, 2015
- Dark Room, entry on Delio Jasse, in Gregory Lang, Didier Gourvennec Ogor (eds.): 'Artistes et Architecture, Dimensions Variables', Pavilion de l'Arsenal, Paris, 2015
- book review 'Ignored modernity. modern architecture in Luanda, eds. Roberto Goycoolea Prado and Paz Núñez Martí' in The Chimurenga Chronic, September 2014, Cape Town, South Africa. (in preparation)
-56th Venice Biennale: The Curator's Standpoint, 3 Interviews, in Berlin Art Link: http://www.berlinartlink.com/2015/07/30/venice-biennale-the-curators-standpoint-an-interview-with-katya-garcia-anton-nordic-pavillion/
- INTERSECTIONS // Berlin-Bucharest Exchange: Sub-styles – DIY Art Spaces, Interdisciplinarity and Hybrids, published in Revista Arta, Bucharest (http://revistaarta.ro/en/sub-styles-diy-art-spaces-interdisciplinarity-and-hybrids/) November 2015
2014: - Ruins are Mental Images in Aaron Wright (Ed.): “The Live Art Almanac Volume 3”, Oberon books, London, 2014. (www.thisisliveart.co.uk)
On Mythical Animals, Textures and The Spirit of Now, in OE Magazine, Berlin, http://www.oe-magazine.de/stories/211-2/
various articles in Kaleidoscope Magazine, Tips section, Milano 2013 (http://kaleidoscope-press.com/category/marta-jecu/)
On not Preserving Memory. Delio Jasse's Architectural Photography, in Pidgin Magazine Nr. 18, New York.
ISLAND-HOLE and the work of Robert Gschwantner, in Bozzetto Magazine Nr. 7, Gift Issue, Zeitschrift für Kunst und Kultur, Zürich. http://www.bozzetto.ch/index.php?/aktuell/no-07-gift/
Interview with Portuguese curator Pedro Gadanho at MoMA New York, in Revista Arqa Nr. 115, Lisbon, http://issuu.com/arqa/docs/arqa115_issuu
‘If it is an invention, I am not able to know it: On the work of Thabiso Sekgala', in “Peregrinate - Field notes on time travel and space in the work of Thabiso Sekgala, Musa Nxumalo and Mimi Cherono ”, catalogue, 2014 Goethe Institute Johannesburg, South Africa. http://www.goethe.de/ins/ug/kam/en14791662.htm
2013: - various articles in Kaleidoscope Magazine, Tips section, Milano 2013 (http://kaleidoscope-press.com/category/marta-jecu/)
article: “Discreet architecture. Lisbon Architecture Triennial 2013 Berlin Art Link () www.berlinartlink.com http://www.berlinartlink.com/2013/10/31/interview-discreet-architecture-lisbons-architecture-triennial-part1/
- article: Istanbul biennial 2013 in Berlin Art Link (http://www.berlinartlink.com/2013/10/15/interview-mom-are-you-barbarian-the-13th-istanbul-biennial/) www.berlinartlink.com
- article: with Jose Manuel Gomes Pinto in Kritikos, Journal of postmodern cultural sound, text and image, July-December 2012 issue:„ Beyond the Mountains or Agamben and the Impotentiality of Art“ in (http://intertheory.org/jecu.htm), peer-reviewed
2012: -article: „Amnesic Monuments. Considerations on Carlos's Bunga work with documentation“ in Carlos Bunga Catalogue, Fundacao Serralves, Porto, 2012. http://www.mottodistribution.com/site/?p=35580
-article: ReliCs as new Monuments. Destroyed Painting, in Esse Arts+Opinions, Montreal, Canada, Issue No.76 The Idea of Painting, 2012. http://esse.ca/en/revue/idea-painting
-article:“Unoccupied”- article for Portuguese Egoísta magazine, in “Night” - the June issue, 2012
-article: „By all means trust in Allah, but tie your camel first“, in Berlin Art Link magazine, April Issue.
- various articles in Kaleidscope Magazine, Tipps section, Spring issue, Milano
2011: - article: „Carlos, Bunga: Simultaneo, Fragmentado, Discontinuo“, in Jim Drobnik, Jennifer Fischer (Eds.): Journal of Curatorial Studies, Issue Nr. 1, Intellect Books, Canada, UK. (peer reviewed)
- article: ”Nests. Tadashi Kawamata and the Virtual” for the Jim Elkins (Ed.): “Theorizing Visual Studies. Writing Through the Discipline” Routledge, New York, 2012 https://www.routledge.com/products/9780415877947
-article:Con. Fusion. Bienala de la Venetia 2011, in Idea Arts+Society, Nr.39/2011, Cluj, 2011.http://idea.ro/revista/?q=ro/node/24
-article:“The Tactile Side of the Virtual“Interview with Filipe Afonso (Arquitectos Anonimos)“ in BerlinArt Link magazine, December Issue.http://www.berlinartlink.com/2011/11/30/the-tactile-side-of-the-virtual/
-article: „Bucolic Field-Work. Interview with Tjorg Douglas Beer“ in BerlinArt Link magazine, September Issue.http://www.berlinartlink.com/2011/09/20/interview-tjorg-douglas-beer/
-article:”Jack of all Trades” in Iulia Dondorici (Ed.): „Rumänien heute“, Passagen Verlag, Wien, 2011
-various articles in Kaleidoscope Magazine, Tipps section, Fall and Winter issue, Milano 2011
-article: „Requiem fuer einen Untoten. Interview with Susanne Gensheimer, Kurator of the German Pavilion at the 45th Venice Binennial“ in BerlinArt Link magazine, June Issue. http://www.berlinartlink.com/2011/06/16/requiem-fur-einen-untoten/
2010: -article: Interview with Carlos Bunga in „Carlos Bunga. The temporality of Space“ catalogue, part of Lisbon Architecture Triennale, ATHENA, 2010. http://www.vivoeusebio.com/index.php?workid=49
-article: “The Lemon Tree House” and “Interview with Augusto Buzegolli” in “Le Ville Matte catalogue”, Kaleidoscope Press, Milan, 2010.
-article:“Concepts are mental images” in E-Flux Journal Nr. 09 /2010 online: http://www.e-flux.com/journal/view/170
-article:“Reappropriated” (Part 1 and Part 2) - Article for the Portuguese contemporary art magazine Magnetica, in the May and June issues 2010. http://www.magneticamagazine.com/indexen020.html,
-article:Theoretical contribution (exhibition text) at the exhibition of Matias Machado (<Renovation>) in the Gallery “The Center for Endless progress”
-article:“Golden Gap“/Article in E-Vai Magazine for contemporary art, Portugal, E-Vai 5/02/2010, http://www.e-vai.net/content/view/2085/44/
2009 - article:„Bo Jammin` wid Nobuyasu Furuya, Andre Vida & C. Spencer Yeh“ article for the Berlin Music Magazine <Hair-E>: http://www.hairentertainment.com/BoJammin
-article:Text contribution at the exhibition of Viviana Druga (<Republika Banana>) in the Galery Photoshop Berlin.http://vivianadruga.com/index.php?/action-photography/republika-banana/
2008: - Correspondent for Artium Magazine for contemporary art - Luxemburg
- article:„Order” – theoretical contribution at the exhibition of Yukihiro Taguchi in GDK Gallery Berlin
2007: - article:„Vila Sabareanu – Leonida“, S.174 – 177, in Ed. Christina Woinarovski „Arhitectura Bucuresteana sec 19-20, Simetria, Bucuresti, 2007
- article“Micro-topoi” – Arcticle in Omagiu Magazine nr. 10
- article „SUPERJAMBONS SPIELE“ Arcticle in Umelec Magazine (Umelec 3/2007), Prag-Berlin http://www.divus.cz/umelec/article_page.php?item=1366
- article„Yukihiro Taguchi – Interview“ Arcticle for E-cart Magazine (E-cart Nr.8), http://www.e-cart.ro/8/ro/marta/marta.html
- article„Where is Joao Pombeiro looking for freedom?” – theoretical contribution for the exhibition of Joao Pombeiro at Gallery Rosalux Berlin (gallery exhibition texts)
2006: - article for "Idea – arta si societate": "Idea" Nr.23 / 2006: "Promised Lands
la Haus der Kulturen der Welt – Berlin"
- article in: "Art-hoc" Nr.35/2006: "Disobedience Project – an Interview with Marco Scotini"
- article "Praesens – Central European Art Review" 2006/ Nr.1: "Nachhaltige Kunst und künstlerische Nachhaltigkeit"
2005: - article: "Flyer Trading", Pg. 172-180 in Mike Riemel (Ed.): "Flyersoziotope", Archiv der Jugendkulturen Verlag KG Berlin, Verlag Tomas Tilsner, 2005, http://www.flyersoziotope.net/Flyer_Soziotope_PROMO.pdf
- correspondent in Berlin for the contemporary art Magazine for the Balkans and Eastern Europe Art-hoc.
- article: "In the Attik of Stefan Saender", Art-hoc Nr.34/2005
- article: "ADN of Berlin Mitte – a dialogue with Johann Nowak", Art-hoc Nr.33/2005
2004: correspondent in Berlin for the contemporary art magazine „E-cart“ (numerous articles: http://www.e-cart.ro/ec-6/marta/uk/g/marta.html).
2015: - Conference organization at Zentrum fuer Kunst und Urbanismus Berlin, 25th of March on the theme of Eastern European Architecture after the Fall with architects and researchers from Romania, Croatia, Serbia, Moldavia. http://www.zku-berlin.org/event/devour-at-zku-social-cannibalism-political-redefinition-and-architecture/
- Participation (with Jose Manuel Gomes Pinto) at the Balkan Workshop on Communication Studies, in Heraklion, Crete, Greece, 21th to 23th April 2015
2014: - organization of international conference with Jose Manuel Gomes Pinto at Universidade Lusofona, Cicant Institute, Lisbon, Art and Pohotography in Media Environments, November 2011.
- lecture at 'Africa and the African Diaspora', St. Louis Art Museum, Missouri, St.. Louis, 3 -5 April., organized by the Midwest Art History Society (with Jose Manuel Gomes Pinto).
2013: - lecture with Jose Manuel Gomes Pinto at the: On Curating, International Conference at European University Cyprus. http://www.oncurating.com/international-symposium/program-abstract/
- lecture with Jose Manuel Gomes Pinto at the: International conference 'Doubt and Visual Representation' at University College Cork, Ireland. (10th -11th May)
- lecture with Jose Manuel Gomes Pinto: at the Jerusalem Film Festival | Mamuta Art and Media Center | Hebrew University, AUTONOMY & ANATOMY OF THE MOVING IMAGE. Video & Experimental Cinema in the Last Decade, July 7-9.
2012: - lecture at ICOT May 2012, Archanes, Crete: "Setting the Agenda for Special Interest Tourism: Past, Present and Future” (23-26 May).
- lecture at The 39th annual meeting of the International Committee for the History of Technology (ICOHTEC): Technology, the Arts and Industrial Culture in Barcelona (10–14 July 2012)
- lecture at the FILM AND MEDIA 2012 The Second Annual London Film and Media Conference (22-24 June). (peer reviewed).
2009:- lecture at the Joint Symposiums „Forms of Engagement. Concepts of politics“ (organised by the Institut für Theaterwissenschaften, Freie Universität Berlin, Glodsmiths College London and Copenhagen Doctoral School).
2008:- Conception and Organisation of the Joint Symposiums „Art. Revisiting Crucial Concepts“ (Institut für Theaterwissenschaften, Freie Universität Berlin and Copenhagen Doctoral School). Leading of the section: „Creation“
April 2011 – April 2017: research grant from the Fundação de Ciência e Tecnologia Lisbon.
October 2009 – December 2010: excellency scholarship from the Dahlem Doctoral School Berlin.
October 2006 – October 2009: Doctoral scholarship at the Graduate Program “Interart” at Freie Universität Berlin, Institute for Theater Studies.
2003-2004: 2 semesters at the Freie Universität Berlin, Department: Ethnology. Scholarship from the Romanian Education Ministry.
2001-2002: One Year scholarship at the Cairo University. Scholarship from the Romanian Education Ministry.
1997-1998: One year scholarship at the Poona University. Scholarship from the Romanian Education Ministry.
1999: One month study journey in Italy. Scholarship from the Academy of Arts Bucharest.
German, English, Portuguese, French