Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: 0033/669418688, 00351/964217776
Ciência Vitae ID: 961B-1FA8-A361
CURRICULUM VITAE MARTA JECU
Date of Birth: 10.03.1978 in Brasov, Romania
EDUCATION, ACADEMIC DEGREES
July 2020: Advanced formation + certificate in Project Management from the Rochester Institute of Technology, New York
2015: advanced formation at the Architecture School of Belleville, IPRAUS Research Institute, Paris (May-November 2015).
2011: PhD. degree in Interdisciplinary Art Studies (Magna cum Laude) at Freie Universitaet Berlin, INTER-ART Research Institute, Thesis: ‘The Catalytic Space. Architecture and the Virtual’ (https://www.geisteswissenschaften.fu-berlin.de/v/interart/mitglieder/ehemalige/1_doks/1_stips/jecu_marta/index.html). (Supervisors: Prof. Dr. Hab. Erika Fischer-Lichte, Prof. Dr. Renate Schlesier, Prof. Dr. Christoph Wulf and Prof. Dr. Jose Manuel Gomes Pinto), Magna cum Laude.
2006 - 2009: PhD. fellow at Freie Universitaet Berlin in “Interart Interdisciplinary Art Studies ”at Interart Institute, Freie Universität Berlin
2004 - 2006: -PhD fellow in urban ethnology at the Humboldt Universität Berlin – Department of Ethnology
2002-2004: M.A. degree in Cultural Anthropology at the National University for Political Sciences – Department of Anthropology, Bucharest, Romania. Thesis: “Urban Imaginary in Visual Representations, Berlin After the Wall” (Supervisor: Prof. Dr. Vintila Mihailescu)
2001-2002: M.A. student in Anthropology at the Cairo University, Cairo Egypt. Thesis: ‘El Tannoura Sufi Group. Visual Imaginary and Heritage Reinvention’. (Supervisor of Dr. Salah Inani).
1996-2001: B.A. degree in Theory of Art, Art Academy Bucharest – Department History of Art und Theory of Art, Bucharest, Romania. Thesis: “Medieval Representations on the world of Islam – Interpretation on visual documents“ (Supervisor: Prof. Dr. Razvan Theodorescu.
1997-1998: cultural studies course at University of Poona
1984 – 1996: "Johannes Honterus" German Gymnasium, Brasov, Romania.
2004: fieldwork in design subcultures in Berlin
2001-2002: fieldwork with the „El Tannoura“ Sufi Group, Cairo, Egypt (1-year): research of visual identity and heritage.
2001: fieldwork in the Muslim Community in Bucharest (5 months) and in the Bulgarian communities in Romania: research of tobacco imaginary (3 months)
1996: fieldwork in the Warli Tribe (Maharaschtra, India), commission of the "Anthropology Museum Poona", India (3 months): research of rice paintings traditions.
EMPLOYMENT HISTORY AND ACADEMIC ACTIVITY
October 2021 – July 2022: Master thesis coordination, Department of Museology, Universidade Lusofona (Luiza Tarasconi).
Since October 2021: Invited assistant professor at Universidade Lusofona, Master course in artistic education.
Since April 2021: Invited assistant professor at ESAD (Escola Superior de Artes e Design de Caldas da Rainha) at Politecnico Leiria University, Portugal at the Master Course in Cultural Management.
Since January 2021: Assitant researcher and teacher at CeiED (Interdisciplinary Research Centre for Education and Development), Universidade Lusófona de Humanidades e Tecnologias, Lisbon
Since October 2020: Expert Academic Evaluator for the Latvian Council of Science (LCS) of the Republic of Latvia
Since April 2020: Expert Academic Evaluator at EACEA Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency (European Union)
Since January 2020: Teaching and course coordination “Curating and Interdisciplinary practices’ at Universidade Lusiada, Lisbon, https://news.lis.ulusiada.pt/In%C3%ADcio/Detalhes/TabId/3023/ArtMID/2443/ArticleID/11511
February – May and September- December 2020: Associated Researcher at MAAT, Museum of Architecture, Art and Technology, Lisbon
January – June 2019: Research and teaching fellow in at IMERA, University of Aix Marseille and at MuCEM Museum of Civilizations of Europe and the Mediterranean Marseille
(FIELD: interdisciplinary and critical heritage study)
May 2017 – May 2018: Researcher at Collège d'Etudes Mondiales, FMSH (Fondation Maison Science de l’Homme) Paris, Global South Chair of Francoise Verges.
(FIELD: museology and critical heritage study)
2011-2017: Post-doctoral researcher CICANT Universidade Lusofona, Lisbon.
(FIELD: communication science, applied cultural practice)
Since 2019: member RFIEA (RÉSEAU FRANÇAIS DES INSTITUTS D'ÉTUDES AVANCÉES) http://rfiea.fr/fellows/marta-jecu
Since 2017 – Aica (International Journalists Organisation) Portugal member
Since 2015: ICOHTEC member (International Committee of the History of Technology)
Since 2010:- Member of the Dahlem Research Center, Berlin
1. AUTHORED/EDITED BOOKS
Marta Jecu (ed.), 2018, Tadashi Kawamata, Overflow, Kamel Mennour Editions, Les Presses du Reel Paris, https://www.lespressesdureel.com/EN/ouvrage.php?id=6848 (co-editor with Kamel Mennour Editions)
Marta Jecu, 2015, Architecture and the Virtual, Intellect Books, Bristol, UK and University of Chicago Press, Chicago, 2015. http://press.uchicago.edu/ucp/books/book/distributed/A/bo18079416.html
Marta Jecu (ed.), 2013, Open Monument. Research Into Ephemeral, Commemorative Architecture and Modernist Patrimony, Revolver Verlag, Berlin. http://www.revolver-books.de/w3NoM.php?nodeId=1292
Marta Jecu (ed.), 2011: Subtle Construction, Bypass Editions, Malmo, Lisbon. http://issuu.com/bypass/docs/subtleconstruction_issuu
2. RESEARCH BOOKLETS
-EXODUS STATIONS #6, Museul Taranului Roman, Bucharest, Romania and Centre Pompidou, Paris, 2019.
- EXODUS STATIONS #5, MuCEM Museum of Civilizations of Europe and the Mediterranean MUSEUM, Marseille, 2019
- EXODUS STATIONS #3, Iwalewahaus, Bayreut, 2018
- EXODUS STATIONS #4, Musée du Quai Branly, Paris, 2018
- EXODUS STATIONS #1, Museu Carlos Machado, Azores,Portugal,2017
- EXODUS STATIONS #2, Iwalewahaus, Bayreut, 2017.
- Urban Guide Lisbon, 'Hard Engineering- Proposals of Future Ruins', Royal College of Arts, London. (Co-editor with Ian Kiaer)
3. PEER-REVIEWED AND INDEXED ACADEMIC ARTICLES
ORCID ID : 0000-0003-1322-9384
Ciência ID : 961B-1FA8-A361
- The conceptual museologic object, Working paper issued by Collège d'Etudes Mondiales, FMSH Paris, 2019 (peer-reviewed).
- EXODUS STATIONS in Sean Lowry and Simone Douglas (ed.) 2018, Anywhere V.II, Parsons Fine Arts, School of Art, Media and Technology, New York and Victorian College of the Arts, Faculty of Fine Arts and Music, University of Melbourne. (peer-reviewed)
- The Inertia of the Visible. Idris Khan's Writing Images, in the Journal of Visual Art Practice (Ed. Christian Mieve), University in Wolverhampton, UK, Routledge, Volume 17. (peer review journal ranking SCOPUS, Q2).https://doi.org/10.1080/14702029.2018.1466454.
- Tradition and Architectural Representation, in Revista Martor 22/2017, Bucharest, 2017 (peer reviewed), http://martor.muzeultaranuluiroman.ro/archive/martor-22-2017/martajecu/.
- Brancusi, Constantin - entry in Routledge Encyclopedia (peer-reviewed). Jecu, Marta. (2016) "Brancusi, Constantin" The Routledge Encyclopedia of Modernism. General Editor, Stephen Ross. New York: Routledge. https://www.rem.routledge.com/articles/brancusi-constantin-1876-1957
-People can sit beautifully also on a stone.... De La Ville à la Villa – Chandigarh Revisited'. An exhibition in the Villa Savoye, Paris / in Journal of Architecture, Issue Nr. 1, the Journal of the University of Porto and the National Order of Architects, Porto, Portugal http://www.jornalarquitectos.pt/en/forum/cronicas/de-la-ville-a-la-villa-chandigarh-revisited (peer reviewed). Republished in Anuario da critica A.I.C.A. Portugal/ 2017. ORCID-ID: cv-prod-id-1193893
- On not Preserving Memory. Delio Jasse's Architectural Photography, in Pidgin Magazine Nr. 18 (peer-reviwed), Princeton University School of Architecture, New York.
- Beyond the Mountains or Agamben and the Impotentiality of Art in in Kritikos, Journal of postmodern cultural sound, text and image, July-December 2012 issue, (http://intertheory.org/jecu.htm) (with Jose Manuel Gomes Pinto), (peer-reviewed)
- Carlos, Bunga: Simultaneo, Fragmentado, Discontinuo, in Jim Drobnik, Jennifer Fischer (Eds.): Journal of Curatorial Studies, Issue Nr. 1, Intellect Books, Canada, UK. (peer reviewed) Ranking: Q2
- Nests. Tadashi Kawamata and the Virtual in Jim Elkins (Ed.): “Theorizing Visual Studies. Writing Through the Discipline” Routledge, New York, 2012 (peer reviewed)
-Concepts are mental images in E-Flux Journal Nr. 09 /2010 online: http://www.e-flux.com/journal/view/170 (peer reviewed)
4. ARTICLES IN ART MAGAZINES AND EDITED VOLUMES
-Diorama in Um Glossario para as Margens da Ficção, ed. Marta Mestre, CIAJG, Centro de Arte de José de Guimarães.
- The Collectors of Meaning in 'Os Espacialistas + Gonçalo M. Tavares', Carlos Carvalho Editions, Lisbon.
- Thinking with Francisco Vidal in ed. Carlos Norronha Feio 'Vidal New Works', ed. Camera Municipal de Oeiras.
- Interferences. Before the Fall of the Berliner Wall. On the work of Uli M. Schueppel and Tina Bara, in Interferences, Goetheinstitute Bucharest, Bukarest, 2020.
-Effacer L’epreuve, artist book, ed. Wanda Mihuleac, Transignum Editions, Paris, 2020.
- Diorama, Catalogue Jose de Guimaraes, Lisbon: Ermida, 2020
-Landcsape’s agency in On Landscape (ed. Alexandra Manole, Matei Caltia), Editura Posibila, Bucharest, 2020
- Container Contained. On the Work of Francisco Vidal in Atlantica: Contemporary Art After Independence in Angola and its Diasporas, Orpheo Negro, Lisbon, 2019.
- The Return as a work of the mind, Considerations On the work of Zineb Sedira, in 'A Brief Moment' exhibition catalogue, Jeu de Paume, Paris, 2019. https://www.librairiejeudepaume.org/livre/9782915704907-zineb-sedira-l-espace-d-un-instant-a-brief-moment-collectif/, ORCID-ID: cv-prod-id-1193686
- What is curating, in Sara & Andre (ed.), Uma Breve Historia da Curadoria, Documenta, 2019.
- Objects and their disquiet: a conversation with Ndidi Dike, Umbigo Contemporary Art Magazine nr. 70, Lisbon
- Curatorial text: Tadashi Kawamata Catalogue OVER FLOW, Galerie Kamel Mennour, Les Press du Reel, Paris, 2018, https://www.lespressesdureel.com/EN/ouvrage.php?id=6848,
- I Am Here, in (I) Remember Europe, Patricia Morosan catalogue, Berlin 2018
- Seven Competing Centres of Europe: An Interview with Patricia Morosan in Berlin Art Link Magazine http://www.berlinartlink.com/2018/12/14/seven-competing-centres-of-europe-an-interview-with-patricia-morosan/ ORCID-ID: cv-prod-id-1193731
-Conversation with Delio Jasse, Anaesthesia and the construction of visuality in Delio Jasse's photography, in Recent Histories. Contemporary African Photography and Video Art, Steidl Books, The Walther Collection Publishing, Ulm/New York, 2017. ORCID-ID: cv-prod-id-1193757
- Dialogues around notions of ritual performativity and a space of one’s own, in Revista Arta, June 2017. https://revistaarta.ro/en/dialogues-around-notions-of-ritual-performativity-and-a-space-of-ones-own/ ORCID-ID: cv-prod-id-1193766
- Intervention. Collective Intelligence , Cosmopolis at Centre Pompidou Paris in Berlin Art Link,
-Virtual Reality // Utopia Folded in a Box: An Interview with Francisco Vidal, in Berlin Art Link, http://www.berlinartlink.com/2017/02/07/virtual-reality-utopia-folded-in-a-box-an-interview-with-francisco-vidal/
- Venice Biennale 2017 // ‘Viva Arte Viva’: Fetishizing the Spiritual, in Berlin Art Link, http://www.berlinartlink.com/2017/05/22/venice-biennale-2017-viva-arte-viva-fetishizing-the-spiritual/
- I'm going. I'm gone."Daredevils - Exploradores audaciosos", exhibition text for 0,0º (João Dias + Pedro Pires) exhibition at Biblioteca Camões, Lisbon.
- On not Preserving Memory. Delio Jasse's Architectural Photography in the catalog of the Angolan Pavilion at the 56th Venice Biennial, Ministry of Culture of Angola, 2015, https://www.behance.net/gallery/40691669/Pavilion-of-Angola-56th-Venice-Biennale-Catalogue
- Dark Room, entry on Delio Jasse, in Gregory Lang, Didier Gourvennec Ogor (eds.): 'Artistes et Architecture, Dimensions Variables', Pavilion de l'Arsenal Editions, Paris, 2015, https://www.pavillon-arsenal.com/fr/edition-e-boutique/collections/19-x-30/10137-artistes-et-architecture.html , ORCID-ID: cv-prod-id-1193921
- ISLAND-HOLE and the work of Robert Gschwantner, in Bozzetto Magazine Nr. 7, Gift Issue, Zeitschrift für Kunst und Kultur, Zürich. http://www.bozzetto.ch/index.php?/aktuell/no-07-gift/
- Interview with Portuguese curator Pedro Gadanho at MoMA New York, in Revista Arqa Nr. 115, Lisbon, http://issuu.com/arqa/docs/arqa115_issuu
- ‘If it is an invention, I am not able to know it: On the work of Thabiso Sekgala', in “Peregrinate - Field notes on time travel and space in the work of Thabiso Sekgala, Musa Nxumalo and Mimi Cherono ”, catalogue, 2014 Goethe Institute Johannesburg, South Africa. http://www.goethe.de/ins/ug/kam/en14791662.htm
- Ruins are Mental Images in Aaron Wright (Ed.): “The Live Art Almanac Volume 3”, Oberon books, London, 2014. (www.thisisliveart.co.uk)
-- SEALANDS, on Vincent Chevillon's show Semes at Espace Khiasma, Paris, in Revista Arta Nr. 24-25, Bucharest, Revista Arta, Nr. 24-25/ 2016, https://revistaarta.ro/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/revista-arta-24-25-spreads-1.pdf
- Bairro das Artes, An Overview of new art spaces in Lisbon, in Inferno Magazine, Inferno Magazine, Nr. 26, Paris, https://inferno-magazine.com/
- Matei Bejenaru Artist Talk at the Romanian Cultural Institute Berlin, in Berlin Art Link: http://www.berlinartlink.com/2016/04/12/announcement-matei-bejenaru-artist-talk-at-the-romanian-cultural-institute-berlin/
- 'Ignored modernity. modern architecture in Luanda, eds. Roberto Goycoolea Prado and Paz Núñez Martí' in The Chimurenga Chronic, September 2014, Cape Town, South Africa ( book review).
-56th Venice Biennale: The Curator's Standpoint, 3 Interviews, in Berlin Art Link: http://www.berlinartlink.com/2015/07/30/venice-biennale-the-curators-standpoint-an-interview-with-katya-garcia-anton-nordic-pavillion/
- INTERSECTIONS // Berlin-Bucharest Exchange: Sub-styles – DIY Art Spaces, Interdisciplinarity and Hybrids, published in Revista Arta, Bucharest (http://revistaarta.ro/en/sub-styles-diy-art-spaces-interdisciplinarity-and-hybrids/ ) November 2015
- On Mythical Animals, Textures and The Spirit of Now, in OE Magazine, Berlin, http://www.oe-magazine.de/stories/211-2/
-various articles in Kaleidoscope Magazine, Tips section, Milano 2013 (http://kaleidoscope-press.com/category/marta-jecu/)
- various articles in Kaleidoscope Magazine, Tips section, Milano 2013 (http://kaleidoscope-press.com/category/marta-jecu/)
- Discreet architecture. Lisbon Architecture Triennial Berlin Art Link http://www.berlinartlink.com/2013/10/31/interview-discreet-architecture-lisbons-architecture-triennial-part1/
-Istanbul biennial in Berlin Art Link (2013) (http://www.berlinartlink.com/2013/10/15/interview-mom-are-you-barbarian-the-13th-istanbul-biennial/ )
-Amnesic Monuments. Considerations on Carlos's Bunga work with documentation in Carlos Bunga Catalogue, Fundacao Serralves, Porto, 2012. http://www.mottodistribution.com/site/?p=35580
- ReliCs as new Monuments. Destroyed Painting, in Esse Arts+Opinions, Montreal, Canada, Issue No.76 The Idea of Painting, 2012. http://esse.ca/en/revue/idea-painting
-Unoccupied- article for Portuguese Egoísta magazine, in “Night” - the June issue, 2012
-By all means trust in Allah, but tie your camel first, in Berlin Art Link magazine, April Issue.
- various articles in Kaleidscope Magazine, Tipps section, Spring issue, Milano
-Con. Fusion. Bienala de la Venetia 2011, in Idea Arts+Society, Nr.39/2011, Cluj, 2011.http://idea.ro/revista/?q=ro/node/24
-Requiem fuer einen Untoten. Interview with Susanne Gensheimer, Kurator of the German Pavilion at the 45th Venice Binennial in BerlinArt Link magazine, June Issue. http://www.berlinartlink.com/2011/06/16/requiem-fur-einen-untoten/
-The Tactile Side of the Virtual – Interview with Filipe Afonso (Arquitectos Anonimos) in BerlinArt Link magazine, December Issue.http://www.berlinartlink.com/2011/11/30/the-tactile-side-of-the-virtual/
-Bucolic Field-Work. Interview with Tjorg Douglas Beer in BerlinArt Link magazine, September Issue.http://www.berlinartlink.com/2011/09/20/interview-tjorg-douglas-beer/
-Jack of all Trades in Iulia Dondorici (Ed.): „Rumänien heute“, Passagen Verlag, Wien, 2011
-various articles in Kaleidoscope Magazine, Tipps section, Fall and Winter issue, Milano 2011
-Interview with Carlos Bunga in „Carlos Bunga. The temporality of Space“ catalogue, part of Lisbon Architecture Triennale, ATHENA, 2010. http://www.vivoeusebio.com/index.php?workid=49
-The Lemon Tree House and Interview with Augusto Buzegolli in “Le Ville Matte catalogue”, Kaleidoscope Press, Milan, 2010.
-Reappropriated (Part 1 and Part 2) – Magnetica Magazine, May and June, 2010.
- Matias Machado. Renovation, Gallery “The Center for Endless progress”
,Berlin; http://matiasmachado.net/es/documents/3/3.8.html, (exhibition text)
- Golden Gap, in E-Vai Magazine for contemporary art, 5/02/2010.
1. CONFERENCE CONCEPTION and ORGANISATION
- Conception and Moderation (with Mario Caerio) of MGC Talks conference cycle (a series of 4 Conferences on Communication,), Escola Superior de Artes e Design, Politechnico de Leiria, https://www.ipleiria.pt/esadcr/2021/04/13/mgc-talks/ .
- Conference and Screening at Centre Pompidou, Paris with Anca-Maria Panoiu and Nicu Ilfoveanu on EXODUS STATIONS #6 (part of Cosmpolis #2 program), https://cosmopolis.centrepompidou.fr/calendar
- International Symposium and screening program at Musée du Quai Branly Paris (as part of EXODUS STATIONS # 4 at Musée du Quai Branly Paris), 21st November 2018 with artist Catarina Simao.
- International Symposium at FMSH (Fondation Maison Sciences de l'Homme), Paris: La Volonte des Archives, 19th November 2018, with 9 international speakers, http://www.fmsh.fr/fr/college-etudesmondiales/29572
- International conference (and own lecture) at Iwalewahaus Bayreuth, Germany: EXODUS STATIONS # 2, http://www.iwalewahaus.uni-bayreuth.de/en/program/20171129_Exodus-Stations-_2/index.html
- International Academic Symposium with lectures and film projections at HANGAR LISBOA (18-23 July) - (with Joao Dias) : Hybrid Architectures. Case Studies on the African Continent. Co-organising research institutes: Cicant (Universidade Lusofona), ISCTE-CEIUL (University of Lisbon), http://cei.iscte-iul.pt/hybrid_architectures/
- International Interdisciplinary Symposium with lectures, performances and film at Zentrum fuer Kunst und Urbanismus Berlin, 25th of March on the theme of Eastern European Architecture after the Fall with architects and researchers from Romania, Croatia, Serbia, Moldavia. http://www.zku-berlin.org/event/devour-at-zku-social-cannibalism-political-redefinition-and-architecture/
- International conference with Jose Manuel Gomes Pinto at Universidade Lusofona, Cicant Institute, Lisbon, Art and Photography in Media Environments, November 2014. http://apme-ecrea.blogspot.fr/
- International Academic Symposium : „Art. Revisiting Crucial Concepts“ (Institut für Theaterwissenschaften, Freie Universität Berlin and Copenhagen Doctoral School). Leading of the section: „Creation
2. CONFERENCE PARTICIPATION
- Museologia e Arte Contemporânea Pesquisa em Arquivos Institucionais, invited guest lecturer at 'Conversas sobre práticas artísticas contemporâneas e curatoriais em torno do acontecimento da experiência estética' at Escola Superior de Artes e Design, Politechnico de Leiria, Portugal. https://www.ipleiria.pt/esadcr/2020/12/10/cultivar-se/ .
-Building Narrative Cultural Interfaces and Spatial Meaning, Peer reviewed Conference organised by Catolica University at Palacio Belmonte, Lisbon, https://buildingnarrative.wordpress.com/conference-programme/
- 'EXODUS STATIONS' at Imera Institute, Aix Marseille University.
- 'EXODUS STATIONS' at ‘Marseille Expos’ (http://www.marseilleexpos.com/), in the framework of the TRASLOCO Program
- 'Et in Arcadia Ego - EXODUS STATIONS #5 ' at Imera Institute, Aix Marseille University.
-MonuMed, Monumentalisation et Espace Urbain, at FRAC Provence Alpes Cote d’Azur and MuCEM Museum of Civilizations of Europe and the Mediterranean, Marseille
- EXODUS STATIONS at the Scientific Reunion of the MuCEM Museum of Civilizations of Europe and the Mediterranean Museum, Marseille.
- EXODUS STATIONS #5 at Heritage Contact Zone, organised by Goethe Institute in Marseille.
- 'The conceptual museologic object' at Collège d'Etudes Mondiales Paris, FMSH (Fondation Maison Sciences de l'Homme) Global South Chair, with Françoise Vergès.
- Hard Engineering. Propostas para Ruínas Futuras - a project and conference cycle organized by The Royal College of Arts London at the Natural History Museum Lisbon, Portugal. http://www.museus.ulisboa.pt/pt-pt/hard-engineering
- Anywhere and elsewhere: Art at the outermost limits of location-specificity at the Parsons School of Design, New York, November 17-18, 2016, http://www.projectanywhere.net/conference/
- (with Jose Manuel Gomes Pinto), 'Open Monument', lecture at International conference IV: The Art of the Socialist Period between Contempt, Fetishism and Transition, Natural Historical Museum, Tirana, Albania. Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVOcXHYLX48
29–30 April 2016, https://heroeswelove.wordpress.com/2016/04/29/international-conference-iv-socialist-art-between-disdain-and-fetishism/
- Trigger Point International Seminar and Urban Walks, 26-30 October 2016, organized in Lisbon by the Royal College of Arts, London. Lecture and organisation of 1st Walk and Seminar: Marta Jecu and Ian Kiaer
- (with Jose Manuel Gomes Pinto) at the Balkan Workshop on Communication Studies, in Heraklion, Crete, Greece, 21th to 23th April 2015
- 'Africa and the African Diaspora', St. Louis Art Museum, Missouri, St.. Louis, 3 -5 April., organized by the Midwest Art History Society (with Jose Manuel Gomes Pinto).
- (with Jose Manuel Gomes Pinto) at the: On Curating, International Conference at European University Cyprus. http://www.oncurating.com/international-symposium/program-abstract/
- (with Jose Manuel Gomes Pinto), Desintegrated Architecture - at the: International conference 'Doubt and Visual Representation' at University College Cork, Ireland. (10th -11th May)
- (with Jose Manuel Gomes Pinto), The End of Representation? Faraldo's Themroc – at the Jerusalem Film Festival | Mamuta Art and Media Center | Hebrew University, AUTONOMY & ANATOMY OF THE MOVING IMAGE. Video & Experimental Cinema in the Last Decade, July 7-9.
- ICOT May 2012, Archanes, Crete: "Setting the Agenda for Special Interest Tourism: Past, Present and Future” (23-26 May).
- The 39th annual meeting of the International Committee for the History of Technology (ICOHTEC): Technology, the Arts and Industrial Culture in Barcelona (10–14 July 2012)
- FILM AND MEDIA 2012 The Second Annual London Film and Media Conference (22-24 June). (peer reviewed).
- Joint Symposiums „Forms of Engagement. Concepts of politics“ (organised by the Institut für Theaterwissenschaften, Freie Universität Berlin, Glodsmiths College London and Copenhagen Doctoral School).
2021: Invited assistant professor in Cultural Communication at the Master in Cultural Management, Escola Superior de Artes e Design, Politechnico de Leiria, Portugal
EXHIBITION CURATING, CULTURAL PROJECT MANAGEMENT
-A cultural Interpretation of Stone - PART II (ongoing series), at Galeria Sa da Costa Camoes, Lisboa, group exhibition with: Stephane Raynal, Gilles Zark, Ludovic Sauvage, Marta Alvim, Patricia Morosan, Louis Cyprien Rials, Vincent Voillat, Jorge Santos, Pedro Sequeira. (Exhibition Curating, organisation, resource management)
- EXODUS STATIONS #5, solo-show of Vincent Chevillon at MuCEM Museum of Civilizations of Europe and the Mediterranean Marseille, Et In Arcadia...., 10th October 2019- 30th March 2020, https://www.MuCEM Museum of Civilizations of Europe and the Mediterranean.org/programme/vernissage-et-in-arcadia-vincent-chevillon , https://imera.hypotheses.org/3974 (Project Conception, Scientific coordination, project management, budget administration, curating)
- EXODUS STATIONS #6, Overimpression, with Nicu Ilfoveanu at Muzeul Taranului Roman, Bucharest and at Centre Pompidou, Paris (part of Cosmopolis #2 program), https://cosmopolis.centrepompidou.fr/calendar .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuCsNC-NLVM (Project Conception, Scientific coordination, project management, budget administration, curating)
- A Cultural Interpretation of Stone - PART I (ongoing series), at Galerie Cabinet d'Ulysse, Marseille, group exhibition with: Stephane Raynal, Gilles Zark, Vincent Pajot, Ludovic Sauvage, David Casini (Curating).
- EXODUS STATIONS #4 with Catarina Simao artistic and research residency with screening and conference events at the Quai Branly Museum Paris. (Project Conception, Scientific coordination, project management, budget administration, curating)
- solo-exhibition Tadashi Kawamata, Overflow, at MAAT Museum of Art, Architecture and Technology, Lisbon (with Pedro Gadanho).
https://www.dezeen.com/2018/10/29/tadashi-kawamata-lisbon-maat-plastic-ocean-over-flow-installation/ (Project Conception, publication coordination, curating)
- ME MOI RE, solo exhibition George Bodocan at the Romanian Cultural Institute Paris, http://icr.ro/pagini/memoire-expozitie-personala-george-bodocan-la-icr-paris (Curating)
- Tatiana Macedo, Intervention at the National Ethnology Museum Lisbon, International Symposium Modos de fazer, Modos de ser: práticas artísticas na e com a antropologia, http://cria.org.pt/wp/event/modos-de-fazer-modos-de-ser-praticas-artisticas-na-e-com-a-antropologia/, (Curating)
- EXODUS STATIONS # 1 with artists DAVID CASINI, BENOIT MAIRE, MARCO PIRES at Museu Carlos Machado, Ponta Delgada, Azores, Portugal, 15th July - 30th August,
http://www.martajecu.com/exhibition-curating/exodus-station-1/ (Project Conception, Scientific coordination, project management, budget administration, curating)
- 'Algeria e Tunis' installation, Curated Curators III, at Zaratan Lisbon, organized by Sara e Andre, http://www.zaratan.pt/pt/exhibit/49 (Curating)
- 'Hard Engineering. Propostas para Ruínas Futuras' (with Ian Kiaer), research exhibition and urban guides organized by The Royal College of Arts London at the Natural History Museum Lisbon, Portugal. http://www.museus.ulisboa.pt/pt-pt/hard-engineering , (Scientific coordination and curating)
- EXODUS STATIONS # 2 (with Nadine Siegert and Felicia Nietsche) with artists Tatiana Macedo and Raphael Denis at Iwalewahaus Bayreuth, Germany. http://www.iwalewahaus.uni-bayreuth.de/en/program/20171129_Exodus-Stations-_2/index.html (Project Conception, Scientific coordination, project management, curating)
- TIMEFALLS at Galeria Baginski, Lisboa, Artists: Fernanda Fragateiro, Jorge Pedro Nunez, Matias Machado, Alessio delli Castelli, Felipe Arturo http://www.baginski.com.pt/exhibits/previous/timefalls-reinvention-of-traditions-4 http://artresearchmap.com/exhibitions/timefalls-reinventionoftraditions/
- Trigger Point, international artistic residency program (with Ian Kiaer), organized by the Royal College of Art London in Lisbon. (Curating)
- 'IN ABSENTIA' in Graca Brandao Gallery, Lisbon, opening 13th November Artists: Ian Kiaer, Nuno Sousa Vieira, Paulo Lisboa. http://www.galeriagracabrandao.com/index_en.html (Curating)
- DEVOUR! International research, art and pedagogic project. DEVOUR! Social Cannibalism, political redefinition and architecture
DEVOUR PART I: at Savvy Contemporary Centre Berlin and at Freies Museum, Berlin (www.savvy-contemporary.com)
DEVOUR PART II : ZKU (Zentrum für Kunst und Urbanismus, Berlin), exhibition & screenings http://www.zku-berlin.org/event/devour-at-zku-social-cannibalism-political-redefinition-and-architecture/
DEVOUR PART III: KunstKraftWerk Leipzig (www.kunstkraftwerk-leipzig.com/en/), 30th April – 4th June 2015. http://www.kunstkraftwerk-leipzig.com/archiv/
Artists, Architects, Researchers etc.: Jordi Colomer, Matias Machado, Pedro Paiva and Joao Maria Gusmao, Edouard Baribeaud, Pedro Valdez Cardoso, AfrikPlayc (Jord den Hollander - Many words for Modern, 2007; Lotte Stoops - Grande Hotel, 2010;Catarina Alves Costa -The Architect and Cidade Velha, 2003; Ingrid Martens - Africa Shafted:Under One Roof, 2011) , e.studio Luanda, Jordi Colomer, Architects duo Muresanu, Vladimir US, Andrej Mircev, Srdjan Jovanovic Weiss + Philip Plowright, Failed Architecture, Mathias Machado, Patrick Jambon, Arno Brandlhuber+ Christopher Roth and Caroline Hobkinson, Vanessa Ramos Velasquez.
(Project Conception, Scientific coordination, project management, budget administration, curating)
- Matias Machado Long duration Performance at Kunstraum Kreuzberg Bethanien, Berlin (Curating and book launch)
- Project Anywhere, peer-review of curatorial projects „How to Steal a Million“ (1st version of EXODUS STATIONS Project). http://projectanywhere.net/category/project, Curatorial prize
- Open Monument in Kunstraum Kreuzberg Bethanien Berlin, Germany and public space in Berlin Kreuzberg with 11 international artists. (4th May ~ 15th July 2013) and 5 ephemeral public monuments in the public space in Berlin Kreuzberg. Participating artists: Carlos Bunga, Matias Machado, Sinta Werner, Cristian Rusu, Hironari Kubota, Luca Pozzi, David Maranha, Nuno Sousa Vieira, Yukihiro Taguchi, Sancho Silva. Sponsored by: Japan Foundation, Bezirksamt Friedrichshain-Kreuzberg, Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation. http://www.kunstraumkreuzberg.de/start.html
(Project Conception, Scientific coordination, project management, budget administration, curating)
- Space Anatomy – solo show Matilde Correa Mendes in Flausina Gallery, Lisbon
- Space Anatomy– solo show David Maranha, in Galeria Sala do Risco, Lisbon
- Space Anatomy– solo show Rui Martins, in Galeria Sala do Risco, Lisbon
- Space Anatomy – solo show Nuno Sousa Vieira, in Galeria Sala do Risco, Lisbon
(Project Conception, project management, budget administration, curating)
- In Extremis, Romanian micro-film festival in Flausina Gallery, Lisbon (Curating).
- Golden Flat, solo show of Alexandru Poteca at the Tamiz Shahar International Art Exhibition in Baku, at the Arts Council of Azerbaijan (Curating).
-Subtle Construction, Plataforma Revolver Gallery, Lisbon, Portugal (with: Carlos Bunga, Matias Machado, Sinta Werner, Cristian Rusu, Yukihiro Taguchi, Sancho Silva. (http://www.artecapital.net/plataforma.php) and at Centro Cultural de Belem CCB, Lisbon, Portugal, performance and mobile sculpture of Hironari Kubota. (http://lanuitlanuit.blogspot.com/2011/11/hironari-kubota-centro-cultural-de.html)
(Project Conception, project management, budget administration, curating)
- Curatorial residence at the Le Ville Matte artist program in Villasor (Sardinia): community engagement project
- "Fluidic Festival": 7 exhibitions in Berlin and Bucharest. Project sponsored by Senatsverwaltung fuer Wissenschaft, Forschung und Kultur, Berlin (with Simona Soare).
in Berlin (exhibitions in: Play Gallery Berlin, NewYorkRioTokyo Berlin, Lichtschliff Berlin) http://www.pushthebuttonplay.com/pushed_rew.html, http://www.nyrt.net/wordpress/?p=131, http://www.lichtschliff.de/LICHTSCHLIFF/FLUIDIC.html)
in Bucharest (group exhibitions) at: Galeria Noua, UnaGaleria, Galeria Carturesti, Galeria NIT), http://www.kunstaspekte.de/index.php?tid=25895&action=termin
(Project Conception, project management, budget administration, curating)
AWARDS AND GRANTS
January 2019 - June 2019: Imera research grant, Université Aix Marseille in collaboration with MuCEM Museum of Civilizations of Europe and the Mediterranean Museum Marseille.
May 2017 – May 2018: Gerda Henkel excellency research grant at the Collège d'Etudes Mondiales, FMSH (Fondation Maison Science de l’Homme) Paris.
2015: The project EXODUS STATIONS is awarded the peer-reviewed prize of innovative curating by the Parsons Fine Art in New York City, and is since followed-up by different forms of support.
April 2011 – April 2017: research grant from the Fundação de Ciência e Tecnologia (FCT) Portugal for a post-doctoral position at CICANT Universidade Lusofona, Lisbon.
October 2009 – December 2010: Excellency Grant at Dahlem Research School the Dahlem Doctoral School Berlin for the finalisation of the PhD at Freie Universitaet Berlin, Germany.
October 2006 – October 2009: DFG (Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft) Doctoral scholarship at the Graduate Program “Interart” at Freie Universität Berlin, Institute for Theater Studies.
2003-2004: M.A. grant at the Humboldt Universität Berlin, Department: Ethnology. Scholarship from the Romanian Education Ministry.
2001-2002: Study grant at the Cairo University from the Romanian Education Ministry.
1997-1998: Study grant at the Poona University from the Romanian Education Ministry.
German – very good reading, very good writing, very good oral expression
English – very good reading , very good writing, very good oral expression
French – very good reading, good writing, very good oral expression
Portuguese – very good reading and good writing, very good oral expression
Romanian – native
SIGNATURE: 12.11.2021, LISBON